I am running for State Auditor to return financial accountability to Indiana government. The State Auditor is the Chief Financial Officer of the state, but no CPA has ever been elected to that position. I have 40 years of experience in government accounting and auditing as a CPA and as an Attorney.
As your taxpayer watchdog, I will
• Hold state leaders accountable for how they invest Hoosier taxpayer dollars
• Make sure that all funds are spent for authorized purposes and properly accounted for
• Develop a true Transparency Portal that will allow Hoosiers to quickly track how their dollars are spent
• Restore the full independence of the State Board of Accounts by returning it to the State Auditor’s office
• Bring the audit function back into the Auditor's office
Together, we can balance the books and balance the power